GWH Solitcitors Official logo

Welcome: a guide for Hong Kong British National (Overseas) visa holders in the UK


Welcome: a guide for Hong Kong British National (Overseas) visa holders in the UK

April 10, 2021

A guide for adults and dependants who have been granted leave on the new British National (Overseas) visa to access public services and make the most of the opportunities in the UK.

Information for arrivals from Hong Kong on the British National (Overseas) visa

This page has been designed for those people who have recently arrived in the United Kingdom from Hong Kong, or are applying to move to the UK, as part of the Hong Kong British National (Overseas) (BN(O)) visa.

The UK government provides advice and guidance to people living in the United Kingdom on how to access services provided by the government, or on behalf of the government. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland consists of England, ScotlandWales and Northern Ireland. Information on services may be different depending on which country of the UK you live in.

To help Hong Kong BN(O)s to settle into life in the UK, a Welcome Pack, with welcome from the Prime Minister and Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government has been developed. This takes you through step by step in more detail on how you can access the public services that are available to you – from what you will need to do find work, to registering you and your family with a doctor, or finding a school for your children.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top

Office Address


See our privacy page to find out how we use and protect your data.